Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Some mistakes pay off

I haven't played much online poker lately, since about 2 weeks before the Kentucky Derby, but my fun at 20/40 during the Derby made me want to play some cash games. I login to Party/Empire poker and see they have added more 30/60 tables. 15/30 has been my primary cash game for about 6 months, but with the addition of all the new tables, I figure I can play 1-2 30/60 tables, as opposed to 4 15/30 tables.

Last night I played a brief session, and caught 4 of a kind on one hand from the big blind. While the next hand was being played, I looked at the hand history from the previous hand to see what my opponent had who called me on the river. As this was happening, the action came to me on the table. I accidentally clicked raise, which meant that I was three-betting, after 1 limper and a middle position raise. The BB called cold, the limper called, and the raiser called. My cards for the accident were T3 offsuit. The flop came AT4. I bet out, the BB raised me, all folded to me and I called. There was 480 in the pot at this point. The turn was a 5, and I checked to the BB, he bet, and I decided to call, getting 9-1 on my call. I was pretty sure I was behind, but I figured I had 4 sure outs with any 2, and my T was a likely out for 2 more outs, and the 3 was possibly an out, giving me a total of 7.5 outs (approximate). I called as my 6-1 odds were better than the pot odds. The river was a beautiful deuce, and I checkraised him on the river, for an $840 pot. He had AQ, meaning I did have 9 outs to win the pot.

As a side note, he was really pissed after the hand, and suffice it to say he put a note next to my name indicating that I 3-bet T3o from the SB.

No comments: