Thursday, April 27, 2006

My new spam filter

This topic could probably go under my "General Annoyances" entry, but since it's something I will likely have to deal with every day (except Sunday and holidays) for the rest of my life in the US, I thought it deserved it's very own entry.

If I had a spam filter on my physical mailbox at my house, I would likely have 3 extra minutes of time every day. It's beyond ridiculous all of the crap that I get. If I accepted all of the offers I get, I would likely have 150 Capital One credit cards, I would have refinanced my house 124 times since I bought it (almost 2 years ago), and I would have 10 different lawn services working in my yard.

It's definitely at the point where that mail is almost completely worthless to me. Aside from the occasional magazine I get to which I subscribe or get for free, I have no need for it anymore. Invariably, nearly everything I get is immediately thrown in the trash, most of it without even reading it....bills, take care of them all online....checks, direct deposit....letters, get them on e-mail...nothing else worthwile. The only thing that I can think of that I don't get online is a water bill, which of course is a 3x5 index card which I never seem to get anyway as it's probably stuck in the Gardner White mailer that I receive 3 times a week. I honestly can't recall paying a water bill in a long time. It sure isn't because I quit using water.

Oh well, there is no good close to this topic, so that's it.

No comments: