Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Time for a break

Since I got home from the WSOP, it’s become increasingly apparent to me that my poker game has gone South. The few times I have played at cash tables I have felt overmatched or disinterested, or that luck was just not simply running my way. The simple truth is, that somewhere along the way I quit playing poker. At the stakes that I was playing, just playing the cards that you have is simply not enough to make a profit. Generally it can get you by, but that’s not the goal. I forgot how to make moves, to bluff, to take people off of a hand. If a player raised me, I believed they must have the goods, and never looked for a way to take the pot away from them.

So with that I have decided to take a break from most online poker. Maybe the time off will re-invigorate me. The timing is convenient due to the legislation, and Partypoker closing it’s doors to US customers. Maybe by the time my desire starts to increase, the industry will have shaken out a little bit more and there will be some different spots to play at the games that I play.

In the interim, I may enter a multi-table tourney here or there, as lately I have been jonesing for one of those. It’s just difficult to find a 7-8 hour block where I will be available.

No comments: