Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Last few days in review

Been a few days since the last update.

Friday:
After work I got a hot stone massage. Very relaxing, highly recommend to anyone. And no, getting one is not gay. The masseuse said that my entire right side was very tight, except that my left ankle was tighter. I rationalize that my right side is my dominant side and my “mouse” side, and my left leg is my plant and jumping foot for basketball, which I played on Friday.

Played 4 multi-table tourney’s, and took losses in about every way I could, including bad beats and bad play. Made some cash back at 30/60 though.

Saturday:
Drove to Grand Rapids to visit my buddy and play a 21 man tourney, $20 buy-in. Terrible play, but I couldn’t catch anything. Most of the players were unbluffable too, so you had to show the best hand. My demise was when we were down to 2 tables, 10 total people, blinds were 50/100 and I was on the button with 825 left. Folds to me and I move all-in with A2o. The SB (one of the wives, bigger girl who took forever to call an all-in earlier with top 2 pair on a rainbow non-coordinated board) thinks for a while and says that she is making a bad call and calls. The BB folds. I think I’m way behind at this point and she turns over 86s???? Did she think I had 7 high? Inevitably a 6 hit on the river and I was out of the main tourney.

My buddy Mike wanted to play me heads-up, and was very sure he would beat me. I tend to pride myself on my heads up play, so I figured I would handle him. First game was for $20, and after he took an early lead, I out aggressived him and won. Later we played for $10 and I totally dominated him. Then somebody challenged me to a heads up battle for $100…I gladly avoided the $5 buy-in about to start, and played him. I lost game #1 when I got all-in with AA against 64 on a J632 board, when he hit a 5 on the river. I then won game 2 for $100, and also game 3 for $50. I also won a last longer bet in the main tourney with 2 of my buddies for $20 apiece, so when all was said and done I made about $80 for the trip.

Sunday:
Drove home and watched the football games. I thought Indy would roll the Steelers, boy was I wrong there. Somebody should have told the Colts the game started at 1pm and not 3pm. It was a disgrace the way the officiating tried to take the game away from the Steelers. Fortunately Vandershank missed and all was right with the world again.

In poker news, I pissed away about 1K on multi-tables, and a little more on SNG’s. Took a few bad beats, but for the most part, it was bad play. I wasn’t folding when I knew I was beat, and was basically making plays I knew I shouldn’t make. Basically telling me to take a break.

Monday:
Had my daughter tonight, she was adorable as usual. First night in her big girl bed at my house. She woke up a few times through the night yapping away, but I just told her to lay back down and she was fine.

Didn’t play any poker that night, but my girlfriend played a free-roll at school on Absolute Poker. Out of 396 entrants, she finished 4th for $25. At this point she may be the best player of the two of us. At least I can say that I taught her.

Tuesday:
Set up the cake and lunch for Abby’s birthday party on Saturday. Should be a small but fun get together. Played a little cash poker before bed, with a small profit.

No comments: