Tuesday, September 06, 2011

2011 $250 Redraft team

Here's the results of my redraft. Scoring is same as auction team, PPR, and you have to start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 FLEX.

Last year I went 5-8 in the league with a team that everyone loved. I was bit by Turner, Marshall and Shonn Greene all underachieving last year.

In this draft, you got to pick your draft spot and I got the #2 choice. I wanted Rice or Charles, and I looked at 12 high stakes draft leagues to see where players were going. The first choice picked the #3 spot, so I picked the #4 spot. In all of the leagues I looked at, one of Rice and Charles were there. The draft also uses 3rd round reversal, meaning the 3rd round goes the same order as the 2nd, and then snakes from there.

My strategy was again to get strong at WR, and go QB very late.

1.04 - Mendenall - Controversial choice here. Rice and Charles went 2 and 3. I hate ADP this year and didn't want him. Felt Rashard was a better pick. Flame away.

2.09 - Wallace - Love him this year. He was who I pegged in every mock I did. Not thrilled about the PIT-PIT start, but there are worse offenses I could lock in.

3.09 - Welker - PPR monster. With Ocho drawing a bit of attention, think his catch numbers may go back up, though his TD numbers will likely go down. Considered Mike Williams and Blount here.

4.04 - DeAngelo - Looks like I am going all-in on him this year. Definitely scares me, but the other RB's and WR's I liked for this spot were gone.

5.09 - Britt - Another one I am all-in on. Considered nobody else.

6.04 - Lynch - Wanted to go WR, but they were picked pretty thin. Considered V. Davis here.

7.09 - S. Rice - Definitely need WR's. His QB situation scares me, as does this new injury which happened after the pick was made.

8.04 - Meachem - Like the pick , and like him as a WR5 with big upside.

9.09 - Little - Got my 6th WR, another home run pick. Maybe could have waited, but there was nobody else I liked there.

10.04 - Woodhead - Suprised how good he was last year, and he can be a capable RB2/3 since he gets so many touches. Think the Pats will still keep him involved. Probably a need pick here since my RB2 scares the piss out of me.

11.09 - Cutler - I personally hate him, but love his prospects for big #'s this year. They got rid of Olsen, and will be turning the WR's loose this year.

12.04 - G. Olsen - Was going to go with Flacco here, but he went between my picks. Need a TE, and he could be the focal point of their passing game.

13.09 - Fred Davis - As I said in the other draft, could be huge.

14.04 - Cassel - Barf, but needed a backup QB.

15.09 - Thomas Jones - Meh, just trying to get a few RB's that have some potential, since I am fairly set at WR.

16.04 - Forsett - He's a handcuff who has proven capable in limited work starting.

17.09 - Redman - Another cuff.

18.04 - Taiwan Jones - Stranger things have happened, and Oakland's running game has been great in the recent past. DMC and Bush have never been pictures of health.

Overall - Jury is still out here. If DeAngelo shows up, this team could be very good. If not, it will be a struggle.

No comments: