Tuesday, September 06, 2011

2011 Auction $250 team

Here's the results of my auction draft. Scoring is PPR, and you have to start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 FLEX.

Last year I went 11-2 in the league with a team that none of you guys really liked, and lost in the semi's because I failed to notice my TE on the inactive list, and would have won starting my backup. $1000 mistake as I would have won the finals.

My strategy was to not spend a lot on anyone, and try to get very deep at WR as I feel that is the way to win this style of league. RB is not near as important, and I would like to start 4 WR's most weeks.

$400 salary cap, basically twice what me and Labelle were allotted when we split the WCOFF auction team, with the same exact scoring.

QB: Schaub 20, Leinart 1

I got a QB I can start every week for a decent price. I didn't want to spend any more on QB, so I rolled without a backup. His bye week is week 11, so I can scour the waiver wire until then. The lack of a backup means I am starting Leinart if he gets hurt, which is ok by me as I think most QB's could be serviceable in that system. In fact, would rather go Leinart then Cassel if that situation happens.

RB: Forte 72, Deangelo 47, Lynch 28, BJGE 15, Snelling 12, McGahee 9, Forsett 1

Forte is a PPR beast. Deangelo scares me, but I thought he was value. I think Lynch is very underrated this year, and can even be a #2 if DeAngelo flops. BJGE is strictly a bye week or injury fill-in. Snelling is a lottery pick, as I think Turner is on his last legs. Willis will be a TD vulture, and Forsett is just a low end handcuff who could pay off.

WR: MWilliams TB 52, Britt 36, Garcon 35, Little 13, Meachem 9, MWilliams SEA 8, Bennett 7

Didn't do as well as I hoped here. I like all of my guys, but I love them one slot lower than they are in my lineup. Williams will have to step up to achieve #1 status. Britt could be a #1, but he also could be a total bust (he is this years Bowe in my eyes). Garcon I always liked, but this was before the Peyton stuff came back out. Little I think could be starter potential in Cleveland, and I also like Meachem's chances with Colston's knee about to fall apart. The bad news is figuring out when to start him and Little. BMW may be a steal, since Rice is dinged up, and he was a great PPR guy last year. Bennett could be the lead guy in Martz's system.

TE: Daniels 27, Fred Davis 2

I had Daniels pegged as my #3 TE on the board, but had to pay for him, as he was one of the last upper tier guys left. Should have gone for Vernon at 25 earlier in the draft, but figured Daniels to be in the 20 range. I do have the Schaub/Daniels hookup though. Fred Davis could be huge, as I don't think Cooley plays much this year.

Overall: I give myself a B- here. I did a lot of pre-work, made a budget, and stuck to my budget. The problem was that a lot of the guys I was very high on went for more $ than I had planned them to go for, reducing my ability to grab other guys.

No comments: