Monday, April 18, 2005

A major bump in the road

Well, the short term has really kicked my ass this weekend. Got in a bunch of tourney's, only to lose in every way imaginable. I'm losing with QQ to A8, losing every race I can think of, losing AK to A8, and I am running into AA far too often. 2nd hand of a tourney yesterday and KK ran into AA.

Since my high water mark of +2900 or so, I have played 31 tournaments, with 3 wins, 0 seconds, and 3 thirds, for -2465 in the stretch. That's a 20% in the money percentage, which is almost half of what my long term percentage is. My play for the most part has been pretty good. There are a few moves I would like to have back, but mostly variance has been biting me in the ass.

So now there are about 16 days for me to get to my goal. I have played 79 tourney's so far, with 12 wins, 4 seconds, and 7 thirds, for a profit of $215. The total profit is $415.

I still think I can make it to my goal if I keep my head on straight, but if I don't, no big deal. I've been on fire in sports to allow my bankroll to actually increase during this down streak.

2 comments:

Erik LaBelle said...

Its been a while since your last post. The road must be full of pot holes.

steeser said...

No, he was playing in the fast pitch league there. We are still not old enough to play in that league. I think it's 29 and over, and we have several players under that.

I can't wait to get some hits off of somebody with a World Series ring.