Thursday, April 07, 2005

Setting the guidelines

It's obvious I desire to play in the World Series of Poker at some point in my life, but a 10K buy-in is completely unrealistic for me to invest in a single poker tournament, especially with how long the odds are of making the money (9:1) and of winning (6000 or more : 1). But, the World Series of Poker has several smaller buy-in events that are much more realistic. I am targetting the $1500 buy-in NL Holdem' events that are running on June 3rd, or June 10th.

In order to make this a reward, I am creating a challenge for myself to make it there. The parameters of this challenge will be developed later this evening, but they will entail forcing myself to play a certain # of hours (or sit-n-go's) over a specified period of time. From this I should be able to develop an attainable financial goal if I play the required amount of time.

As most of you know, with my 15 month old daughter, it sometimes is difficult to put in the "hours". By doing this over a short burst (1 week, 2 weeks), and having a set goal in mind, I should be able to put in the required time.

More to follow.

No comments: