Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The beats keep coming

It's hard not to get discouraged when you take a few bad ones in a row. These were the first two SNG's of the night for me.

SNG 1: Blinds 10/15, I limp KK UTG. MP raises to 60, everyone folds, and I decide to just call and check raise any non-ace flop. Flop comes Txx rainbow, I check, he bets 85. I raise to 250, and he moves all-in. I quickly call and he has JJ. The turn is immediately a J, and I am crippled to 30 chips and soon after am eliminated.

SNG 2: 5 players left, blinds are 100/200, I am in the BB with about 1500 chips and 99. UTG moves all-in (he has me covered). I think for a while and decide that I am ahead of his range of hands (put him on QQ-22, AK-A7, KQ, KJ, with a slight chance of AA or KK), and given my short stack position I call. He has 55. I can barely be happy long enough for a 5 to flop, and I am eliminated from that one.

The rest of the night wasn't as bad (though it was bad) and it set the tone. I played 13 SNG's for the night, with 1 win and 1 3rd. The win was in the last one of the night. Overall very ugly results. But I feel that I was playing pretty well, so I need to press on, as the luck will turn around.

No comments: