Thursday, February 23, 2006

Multi-table cash


Finished 15th out of 584 last night in the Party 35K guaranteed. That was only good for a little less than $500. Haven't cashed in a multi in a while, so it was nice to get that monkey off my back, but it wasn't high enough to be anything more than encouraged. I never could get anything going once we hit 35 people or so. There was a huge stack opening nearly every hand before me, which forced me to be very selective. Finally my AJ went into a different big stack's KK, and I missed my 3 outer...which sucks as a shorter stack hit their 3 outer on me earlier with K9 against my JJ.

As a side note, the hand for hand play on Party is excruciating, you lose 1-2 levels of blinds, turning it into an all-in fest for all but the biggest stacks. Instead of going hand for hand 10 spots from the money, how about 3 or 5 spots?

Worked out last night for the first time in a while, man are there a lot of hugely fat people in the world, with a majority of the ones (at least at the gym), being women. Makes me feel better about myself. I like to think it helped me play better too, as I felt a little better, and hopefully that helps me make good decisions.

The picture shown is one of a woman working out a few spots away from me at the gym.

No comments: