Monday, February 13, 2006

The Nuts!!!

Maybe I missed the memo sent out to the entire poker community, because that's the only possible explanation I can come up with for why people are playing KQ like it's the nuts against me. It's generally an all-in battle involving my ace high, or my pair against their KQ, in which generally they are calling all-in bets that they don't have the pot odds to make. It wouldn't bother me so much if not for the fact that they were hitting them far too often.

I got a pretty good Party VIP offer, so I am focused on getting the required amount of points for my bonus, and plan on doing it for as many of the 8 weeks as possible. 95% of my play has been multi-tabling the 200 SNG's. Made a decent profit, but I feel like it's been a tough week. I've had far too many loss with dominating hands. The worst of which was when I got all-in heads-up to win it with AQ against QT on a Q52 flop. The river T did me in. I'll update these results after Tuesday night's play, when the VIP "week" ends.

I've made back about half of the money I lost on the Superbowl. It feels good to get some of that back this fast, as it was a bankroll setback.

Looking forward to a big, but brief night of SNG'ing tonight.

No comments: