Monday, March 06, 2006

Quizno's Prime Rib sandwich report


Quizno’s has been heavily advertising their new Prime Rib sandwich, so I decided since I am a regular there, I would give it a shot.

The Sandwich:
It has a generous helping of sliced Prime Rib, peppercorn sauce, mozzarella cheese, and onions (of which I didn’t get). The price is $1.50 more expensive than most subs on the menu. It comes with white bread as the default selection.

Sandwich presentation:
I will hold off and not grade this portion. The bread was kind of soggy, and the cheese was not very evenly distributed. However, it is well known that at the Ann Arbor Quizno’s I frequent that the particular person who made my sandwich is the worst sandwich preparer I have ever dealt with. Meat, cheese and lettuce regularly hang off of the bread, and dressing is unevenly distributed. She basically takes no pride in the artistry of sandwich presentation. She is the younger, large woman for anyone who has visited that location.

Unlike Arby’s though, the commercials are indicative of the amount of meat you will get.

Taste:
Overall pretty good, as stated above, the poor presentation likely did not allow this sandwich justice. The peppercorn sauce is not as zesty as I anticipated, though reasonably tasty. I would recommend getting this sandwich with extra cheese (as you can never have too much). I will be giving this sub another chance, but at this point it is not good enough to take over for the usual Mesquite Chicken, and I would even rank it below the Chicken Carbonara.

1 comment:

Ben Kroll said...

I think the Extra Cheeze would put the price over the limit for me, since @ $1.50 more than the stadard sub, it is already expensive.