Friday, January 27, 2006

Another summary post

It’s very tough to update a blog when real life happens…a few random things.

Poker: After some slight losses, I decided that my SNG game had slipped in the past month, probably a result of playing too many multi-table tournaments, and trying to get creative with speculative hands. Since SNG’s are my bread and butter, I decided I better get back to basics. To do that, I started 4-tabling the Party 215’s, with some nice success. I was really rolling along when “Real Life #1” (see below) happened. Still turned a nice profit over a few days.

Real Life #1: Got food poisoning Monday night. I theorize that it came from some lunch meat that might have sat out too long after Abby’s birthday party. I ate it two days after the party. In any case, I was violently ill for about 24 hours.

Real Life #2: Turned 30 last Sunday. Doesn’t feel markedly different, age is just a number. I like to joke about being an old man, but it really is no big deal. Went to the bar to celebrate with a bunch of people. Good times. My GF took me to a great dinner and a comedy club on Sunday as well. Going out again this weekend to close out my “birthday week”.

Real Life #3: Had Abby’s 2nd b-day party this weekend. Really fun watching her open presents, eat cake, etc… She is so damn smart and growing up so fast it’s killing me. At the same time, she’s stepping into her terrible two’s, and can be very headstrong at times. I’m just trying to take it all in stride and not get frustrated, because usually that makes things worse. You just need to change your approach when dealing with a hysterical child. Turn their attention to something else, and their mood will likely change as well.

Sports: Been a very solid week in wagering, top to bottom. Makes up for my lack of success in the NFL playoffs. To build on that topic, I like Seattle +4. They should be the favorite in this game, by 1-3 points. Public perception has moved it to Pitt -4. Great value on this game, as I think the field favors the Seabags.

Random annoyance: I was watching basketball the other night, and the color commentator made a point, to which the play-by-play man said “I agree 110%.” Huh??? How is it possible to agree with someone any more than completely, let alone 10% more???

Adios.

No comments: