Friday, January 13, 2006

Out of shape

Every Thursday is basketball night, so today I am a little bit sore. Played decent last night, but my shot was off (after last week being unable to miss). At least my team won every game. On the basketball court, my neglect to my own fitness has become more apparent. Aside from the overall lack of conditioning, I can tell that the few extra pounds I have put on since high school / college has taken away from my first step quickness and acceleration. This allows a new short term goal…to get back down to my “playing” weight of 175 lbs. That means I have to drop 11 lbs, which I hope won’t be all that difficult, with a little more activity mixed in with some “healthier” eating. By “healthier” I don’t necessarily mean healthy, I just mean less “unhealthy”.

What would a blog be without some reference to poker. I played one SNG last night, of the 1K variety last night on Party. There are a lot of regulars that play in those games, but I checked it out and noticed a lot of players I didn’t recognize, so I decided to join. 45 minutes later I had won the thing for a 4.5K payoff. I guess my read was right, as I didn’t suck out any to win that one.

The month of January isn’t even half over, but it’s shaping up to be one of my best months ever. Hopefully that can continue. I won’t be able to play any next weekend, with my daughters 2nd b-day and my 30th b-day, and I’m going up to Grand Rapids for my buddies friendly $25 game. More for the social function than the money, as I could make (or lose) far more money from the comfort of my own couch.

No comments: