Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I need some Derby scratch...


Since the Super Bowl, I've been running bad, betting bad, etc.... Through some frivilous spending and poor budgeting, I've allowed my bankroll to slip to the lowest point it's been in over a year.

So basically, I need to build up some money. The first step is to win/earn some spending/gambling money for the Kentucky Derby in less than 2 weeks. To do that, I've decided to go back to my bread and butter, and exclusively play the $200 SNG's on Partypoker. I also decided to give the regular SNG's a shot, foregoing the faster and more frantic Turbo version of the SNG's. I realize that I may be sacrificing my hourly rate by doing this, but I also think I will be able to decrease my variance and improve my ROI (return on investment). I haven't played any SNG's for a few weeks (aside from a few cheapies with the girl on her account), so I feel re-invigorated.

Before I started last night, I had an abstract goal of 2K in earnings by the Derby. Assuming a conservative 10% ROI, this would require playing 93 SNG's. Possible, but not likely, especially being the non-speed variety. So I guess I just have to run good.

I played about a 2 hour session last night, keeping 3 SNG's open at a time. The first one I made a miscalculation and moved in with Ah9h on a 6 high flop. Too bad my opponent had 99 and eliminated me in 7th. I won the next 2 that I finished, then grabbed a 2nd, finished 7th when my KK ran into AA and grabbed third (losing with AA to 99 all-in preflop). All told I played 6 SNG's with 2-1st, 1-2nd and 1-3rd for a nice $1700+ profit.

Generally I will get more than 6 of them finished in 2 hours, but I tried to keep extremely focused, and only kept 3 of them open.

Hopefully I can build on this result in the next few days and go on a major heater. I will be happy just meeting my goal, but after nearly getting there in 1 day, it will be a disappointment to not build on it further.

No comments: