Monday, July 17, 2006

Holy shit!!! Main Event!

Well, I met one of my poker goals for the year, and that was qualifying for a big buy-in tournament.

I had basically given up on this goal as I didn't want to spend the money to try, or spend the vacation time to go out to Vegas this summer. But after winning the 21K a few weeks ago, I had an itch to try it. I played in the Stars $350 satellite (in for $50 due to an earlier satellite), which drew 7700+ players and paid out 234 spots, and the Full Tilt $500 satellite, which drew 3000+ players and paid out 100+ seats. These were the only satellites I played all year.

In the Full Tilt tourney, I made it to the final 300 or so, but got knocked out. In the Stars one, I nursed a short stack, won a few coin flips, sucked out bad once, and then made some nice aggressive steal moves to nurse my stack into the average realm and coast into a spot.

So I'm off to Vegas next Thursday. Not sure what day I will play yet. I'm pretty amped up though. Gonna sell a few 1% shares of myself, to share the fun and also get a little more spending money while I'm out there.

I'll write a report in the next few days detailing some of the key hands of this satellite.

No comments: