Thursday, April 28, 2005

Update

First update in about a week and a half, and there really isn't much to update. I am down about $150 in my challenge, and obviously am not going to make my goal. It's mostly for lack of trying, I went on a bad run and got very burned out. I've also been really busy with work, spending some time in Cincinnati, and sick as well, so I haven't been able to play. So if I do decide to go to the WSOP, it will be on a whim. I just think I have better places to spend $2000.

I have dabbled a little bit with Full Tilt Poker, playing some low limit Razz. I think I just needed to step back a little bit from Hold'em to sharpen my game. I'll be playing in a live $100 tourney this weekend, so I'm feeling refreshed for that. I assume the caliber of players will be horrible, so barring any really bad luck I should be able to make a good showing there.

Our teams first softball game is tonight. After my horrible showing last year at the plate, I really need to rebound. My batting average was about .575, but that really didn't tell the story. I had very few extra base hits, and really wasn't hitting the ball hard like I usually do. Maybe it's old age, maybe it's me losing my interest, hopefully this season will be different. It's the last year for this group of guys, probably our 10th year playing together. Our last 3 regular seasons, we are probably around 36-6, so maybe we all just lost our fire. But 3 years removed from our Livonia city championship and I'm starting to get a little hungry. Last year we were 3rd place, and with the way our team hit last year, we deserved nowhere near that. Our defense carried us through a lot of close games.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Erik LaBelle said...

Is this the softball league with Steve Avery?